Friday, August 12, 2011

Montye Gardner - Keep Shining Your Light

Montye connected with me through this blog and gave me some wonderfull advise and support before going into spinal surgery. Her synovial sarcoma was in her spinal column and underwent similar surgery prior to mine. She sent me some very long emails about the impact and day to day post op recovery and at the time provided me with amazing support and reassurance as I plunged into the unknown. Unfortunately Montye lost her battle with Synovial Cancer :-( 
More about her and her battle cane be found here:
Tribute to Montye
Montye's Blog
Montyes Cancer Blog

On 19/10/2010, at 3:16 PM, Montye Gardner wrote:
Thinking about you this week, I know you are just a few days away from your second surgery. I will be praying for you on the 20th and sending you healing positive thoughts. Stay strong and take recovery one day at a time... just think after one week you will start to feel a little better, after two weeks you will be up and around (slowly but moving) and three weeks you will start to feel a little more normal... by 6 weeks you should be back to your old self just be sure to take it easy... my muscles and back were still sore until about 5-6 months.


Remember - This too shall pass.

Wishing you all the best this week,


Montye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments Gaz