Notes to self (and others) to make future chemo cycles less disgusting
- Plan the care and drug regime prior to getting "chemo brain" and stick to the plan
- Drugs are your friends, take them especially if you are sick or confused
- Try to do normal everyday activities e.g. early shower, time with kids, exercise.. even in hospital you can modify exercise regimes and do a couple of laps of the ward
- Enjoy regular fresh, good food and interesting drinks; things that encourage your appetite and make you feel good
- Enjoy the happy, between cycles there are lots of time gaps to enjoy life, participate. Even in hospital you can have a few laughs and meet amazing people.
- In the unpleasant thick of it remember Kia Kaha (be strong, move forward), its your own tenacity, courage and resolve that will get you through the chemo just fine.
- Countdown the milestones e.g. only 2 more days in hospital, just 2 more days on the darkside and for me only 3 cycles left.
My major milestone reached this week is that I am 50% through my last planned medical procedure for my sarcoma and all going well, I up going to return to a more normal life and existence in May. Yeehaw, where's my horse.
|inner at TC and Janes|